THE FORUM | DISCUSSION PANELS | SPEAKERS | AUDIENCE | THE ORGANIZER | CONTACT
Palladian Conferences organizes in Athens, the 2nd WORLD SHIPPING LAW FORUM (WSLF)-Current Issues in Shipping Law, on Friday February 7th 2020 at the Hotel NJV Athens Plaza.
In the Forum, experts will discuss and debate current issues in shipping law. The event is designed to generate insight into current legal problems in this field and the law’s role in addressing future challenges and fostering future opportunities.
The topics selected are intended to explore the legal questions raised by issues of current concern to the market and to give the audience insight into how these issues may be addressed by law and regulation.
TOPIC I: Current Issues in Shipping Law
TOPIC II: Funds and Shipping finance
TOPIC III: Sustainability beyond 2020 - Missing the Woods for the trees
- Michael G. Alexiou, Legal Director, Danaos Shipping Company Limited
- Martin Baxendale, Managing Director, MTI Network
- Manuela Bottiglieri, Manager, Giuseppe Bottiglieri Shipping Company S.p.A.
- Dimitris Exarchou, Partner, Holman Fenwick Willan LLP
- Haris Zografakis, Partner, Stephenson Harwood LLP
- Menelaus Kouzoupis, Partner, Stephenson Harwood LLP
- Alex Kyriakoulis, Partner, Holman Fenwick Willan LLP
- Antonis Pantazis, Legal Counsel, Golden Union Shipping Company S.A.
- John Platsidakis, Managing Director, Anangel Maritime Services INC
- Georgos Plevrakis, Director of Global Sustainability, American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- John Su, Group President & CEO, Erasmus Shipinvest Group
- John Trampaklos, Insurance and Claims Manager, Avin International Ltd
- Yannis Triphyllis, Executive Committee, Hellenic Chamber of Shipping
- Helio Vicente, Senior Adviser, International Chamber of Shipping
- Georgios Xiradakis, Senior Maritime & Investment Banker, Founder of XRTC Business Consultants Ltd.
The event will be aimed at current and aspiring legal practitioners in this field, whether working in law firms or in house at shipping companies, government agencies, P&I Clubs etc.
The conference will share and debate views from representatives of:
- In house lawyers of top ship owners, operators, ship management companies, charterers, traders and banks
- Shipping Law legal experts and policy makers
- Shipping Law firms
Palladian Communications Specialists is a leading, but relatively low-profile communications firm specializing in communication strategy, media relations, public affairs and crisis and issues management.
Palladian was established in 2001, was the first PR agency in Greece to be certified with ISO 9001 and has been a member of the Hellenic Association of Communication Agencies since 2005. Palladian currently employs 24 consultants and industry specialists.
The long track record of successful communication campaigns combined with Palladian’s significant experience in industry event management, led in 2014 to the introduction of a new, independent business unit within the company engaged in organizing conferences. The mission of the Conferences Business Unit is to highlight important issues across a range of economic, business and socioeconomic issues that compose the complexity of today’s decision making.
For Information concerning Programme, Sponsorships and Registrations please contact:
UNDER THE AUSPICES OF